I am incredibly honoured and humbled by the opportunity to serve as Director of Education for the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. KPR has a rich history as a provincial leader in many facets of public education in Ontario, and I consider it a privilege to be entrusted by the Board with the position of Director.
My focus continues to be the well-being, achievement and success of our students. In particular, I believe it is important that we continue to advance our work to remove barriers and improve equitable outcomes for all students and staff. I look forward to connecting with our students to learn about them, and how they experience our KPR schools and communities.
Together with the Board of Trustees, staff, families and community partners, we will continue our work together to achieve excellence in learning, life and community for all.
Director of Education
Rita Russo, Director of Education and Secretary of the Board, is the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible to the Board for the achievement of the Board's strategic plan and the overall operations of the system. This includes educational, cultural, strategic, organizational, fiscal, human resources and communications leadership. The Director of Education is supported by a team of eight supervisory officers, or superintendents. Superintendents report to the Director.
The Director of Education champions the implementation of the Board's strategic plan: Living, Learning and Leading in a Changing World.
As well, the Director is responsible for:
- the Corporate Affairs Department
- the KPR/OPC Leadership Team
- governance support to the Board, Chairperson and Vice-chairperson, and the review of Board policies
- partnership development initiatives (all departments will continue to develop partnerships related to their responsibilities)
- school councils in collaboration with the Chairperson of the Board and Corporate Affairs Department
- Student Leadership
- the Chairpersons' Committee
- the Parent Involvement Committee