TEAM - Teen Education and Mothering
The TEAM program has two locations, one in Cobourg at Northumberland CIS, located at Grant Sine and one in Bowmanville at Clarington CIS. The TEAM program enables pregnant teens and mothers under the age of 21 to:
- continue their high school education
- develop their parenting skills
- address their emotional, social and physical needs, and
- receive onsite care for their infants up to 18 months
Young women achieve these outcomes with the assistance of professional staff and volunteers from a variety of community organizations.
Work Towards High School Completion
Students enrolled in the TEAM program have the chance to:
- Earn high school credits
- Work at their own pace
- Receive help from the designated TEAM teacher
- Attend Monday to Friday throughout the school year
- Have their own timetable
- Access secondary school resources and programs
To learn more about the Teen Education and Mothering program and for program registration information, please call:
(905) 372-1697 or read our brochure Teen Education And Mothering (TEAM) Brochure
TEAM Cobourg is a partnership among the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board, Alpha House, YWCA Early Years Centres, Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit, John Howard Society Durham Region, United Way of Northumberland, Northumberland Counselling Centre and Northumberland County Social Services.
TEAM Clarington is a partnership among the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board, John Howard Society of Durham Region, YMCA of Greater Toronto Area, Region of Durham, Family Community Action Centre, and Rehoboth Christian Reformed Church.