Solving Educational Concerns video script


Here is some information on who to contact If you or your children have a question, suggestion, concern or problem, we want to hear from you. Please follow the steps indicated below so we may help you in an efficient manner.

If the concern if classroom based:

1. As the first step, please contact your child's teacher. Most questions or problems can be resolved immediately this way.

2. If you feel more action is required, we encourage you to contact your principal or vice-principal. Your principal organizes, manages and leads the school. He or she also oversees teaching and discipline at the school. Please call the school office to set up an appointment and ensure that you have the time needed to discuss the matter.

3. If you still are not satisfied, please call the Superintendent of Student Achievement responsible for your school. Your superintendent oversees the operations of groups of schools and leads schools in improving student achievement. He or she is responsible for fair and open resolution of school/ community issues that cannot be solved at the school level. Contact information for your superintendent is available on the School Board website at

4. Finally, if a resolution has not been found, please contact the Director of Education. The Director is the educational leader for the entire school community. The Director oversees implementation of Board policies and achievement of the Board's strategic objectives. This includes educational, cultural, strategic, organizational, fiscal, human relations and communications leadership.

To contact the Director, please call 705-742-9773 or toll-free at 1- 877-741-4577. Trustees also welcome your questions and comments about educational policy and Board decisions. For concerns related to your child, trustees usually will refer you to the staff member who can address the problem. Trustee contact information is also available in the Board section of our website.