Vaccinations for Education Workers
The Ministry of Education has announced that the province is entering Phase 2 of the Ontario Government’s Phased Vaccination Plan. Beginning Thursday, May 6, 2021, at 8:00 a.m., people who fall under Group One: ‘Essential Workers Who Cannot Work from Home’ will be eligible to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
This group includes:
- Elementary/secondary school workers: any school board staff or student transportation partners who typically work in-person in elementary and secondary schools. (Examples include educators, custodial staff, school bus drivers, and administrative staff).
Further details are provided in Ontario’s Guidance for Prioritization of Phase 2 Populations for COVID-19 Vaccination (p.18 -22).
At the appointment, staff will be required to present their:
- ID badge;
- Recent paystub, and
- Health Card.
Eligibility Letters are not required for this round of vaccinations.
Please note the expansion of vaccine eligibility through pharmacies for individuals aged 40 and over. Some employees who do not meet the above criteria may now be eligible to access a vaccine due to other eligibility criteria such as this. We encourage everyone to access the first vaccine available to them.
Vaccines are safe, effective and the best way to protect us and those that we care for from COVID-19.
Regional Booking Information
Employees in Northumberland Area Schools – HKPR and PEC Health Units
Staff who work in Northumberland schools are able to book an appointment directly through the Province of Ontario’s online booking system or the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line: 1-833-943-3900. Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m.– 8:00 p.m., Monday-Sunday.
Employees in Peterborough City and County Schools – Peterborough Public Health (PPH)
Staff who work in Peterborough and Peterborough County schools are able to book an appointment directly through the Province of Ontario’s online booking system or the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line: 1-833-943-3900. Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m.– 8:00 p.m., Monday-Sunday.
Employees in Clarington Schools – Durham Region Health Department
Staff who work in Clarington schools can book an appointment two ways:
1. Visit www.durhamvaccinebooking.ca and select “Special Education Staff” as the reason for immunization.
2. Call 1-888-444-5113 for assistance to register by phone.
To book an appointment you will need:
1. Telephone number (home phone or cell phone)
2. Home address including postal code
3. Email address (can be a family member’s)
4. Health Card Number (if available)