Please click on the image above to see the 2018-19 course offerings.
- Is there a course you want to take, but can't because it is not offered at your school?
- Is there a course you want to take, but it does not fit into your timetable?
- Are you unable to consistently attend regular day school classes for a particular reason? (e.g., medical, travel as an elite athlete, etc.)
- Do you have a particular learning style that is better served in an on-line learning environment?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, then eLearning may be the answer for you.
- eLearning provides the flexibility to place a course anywhere in a student's timetable.
- Kawartha Pine Ridge is a member of the Ontario eLearning consortium which is comprised of over 20 Ontario School Boards. This provides students with access to over 100 secondary courses.
- eLearning courses are taught by innovative Ontario certified teachers who are subject specialists in their eLearning courses. These teachers are teaching both eLearning courses and face-to-face classes in Ontario secondary schools. eLearning courses follow the precise Ministry-mandated curriculum as do regular face-to-face courses. The course codes are the same and appear on the student's report cards in precisely the same manner.
- Students can register for eLearning courses through their school Guidance Counsellor at their school.
- Students registered in eLearning participate in an orientation developed for on-line learning and to help familiarize the students with the Learning Management System (LMS). The current LMS, or virtual classroom being used by students is referred to as Desire2Learn (D2L) or Brightspace.
- Each secondary school in Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board allocates computers that have been allocated for eLearning student usage. eLearning students are expected to be working on their eCourses during their scheduled eLearning period, using the allocated computers and/or their own personal devices. With that said, eLearning students have 24/7 access to their courses from anywhere they have Internet access.
- Summer school courses are also available through eLearning. Additional help for eLearning students, during summer school, is available weekdays at any of our three summer school sites.
For more information or to register, make please make an appointment with your Guidance department today!