Parent Conference on Child & Youth Mental Health
Thank you to everyone who attended our 16th annual Parent Conference, Minds Matter @KPR, held in October 2017 at Adam Scott CVI. If you missed it, you can still benefit from the information and tips offered at the following workshops.
Keynote Address by Sara Westbrook - Three Habits of Resilient Families
2017 Workshop Presentations and Handouts
- Addictions & Self-medication in Teens
- Concussions:The Hidden Injury
- Intro to Self-Regulation: The Difference Between Misbehaviour & Stress Behaviour
The Steps of The Shanker Method
Self Regulation-5 Domains of Self-Reg
- Keeping Kids Healthy & Happy- In Body & Spirit
Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children &Youth
Physical Activity of Canadian Children & Youth
Position Statement on Active Outdoor Play
Canadian Kids Are Inactive and They May Be Losing Sleep Over It
- Mindfulness and Mental Health
- My Child Has Anxiety: What Can I Do?
- My Teen Has Anxiety: What Can I Do?
Deep Breathing Strategies
The Anatomy of Anxiety
Visualization- Mental Vacation
- Opioids Information Sheet for Parents
- Opioids Information Sheet for Teens
- Supporting LGBTQ Kids
Access & Safety for Trans* and Gender Diverse Youth in Our Schools
Resources for Supporting Trans* and Gender Diverse Staff & Students in Our Schools
Gender: Words Matter
Access and Safety for Trans* and Gender Diverse Staff in Our Schools
Creating Safe & Gender-Affirming Places for All
A Gender Diverse Book List
Regional Youth Support Guides
These guides are great to print and stick in a wallet for easy reference:
Looking for more information on child and youth mental health? Please go to our Well-being page on mental health.