I am honoured and privileged to serve the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board as the new Director of Education.
My focus will continue to be on student well-being and achievement, rooted in the belief that all students can succeed. I am proud to be a part of a board where students are provided with a variety of innovative learning opportunities and are encouraged to find and pursue what inspires them. Our principals provide schools with strong leadership, and our committed teachers and support staff provide high quality instruction.
Most importantly, our schools strive to create a welcoming, safe and caring environment for students, parents/guardians and the community.
I look forward to working closely with a dynamic group of trustees, staff, parents and students to advance our shared commitments, and achieve success for all.
Director of Education
Jennifer Leclerc, Director of Education and Secretary of the Board, is the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible to the Board for the achievement of the Board's strategic plan and the overall operations of the system. This includes educational, cultural, strategic, organizational, fiscal, human resources and communications leadership. The Director of Education is supported by a team of eight supervisory officers, or superintendents. Superintendents report to the Director.
The Director of Education champions the implementation of the Board's strategic plan: Living, Learning and Leading in a Changing World.
As well, the Director is responsible for:
- the Corporate Affairs Department
- the KPR/OPC Leadership Team
- governance support to the Board, Chairperson and Vice-chairperson, and the review of Board policies
- partnership development initiatives (all departments will continue to develop partnerships related to their responsibilities)
- school councils in collaboration with the Chairperson of the Board and Corporate Affairs Department
- Student Leadership
- the Chairpersons' Committee
- the Parent Involvement Committee
Director of Education
Executive Assistant to the Director of Education
Executive Liaison to the Trustees
Executive Assistant - Office of the Director of Education